Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas is coming...

...the goose is getting fat.  :) 

Maybe the goose is Asher, or Eric and I... I don't know about the goose.  But I what I do know, is that I've had that song stuck in my head all week. :) 

Anyway, this week has been so ridiculously crazy. We've been going, going, going since we got home.  Oh where'd we go, you ask?

Well, Eric spent 10 days at the beginning of this month on his fourth business trip to China in the last two years.  And I didn't really want to spend that long at home with just Asher and I by ourselves all day (and night) long, so we went down to my parents for a nice long visit!  Eric had a good, productive trip to their company branch in Wuqing, China. And Asher and I had a great time with family! 

Unfortunately, Eric had the camera with him in China, so we didn't get very many pictures of our visit. I caught this adorable one on my phone, though!  Yay for time with grandma and grandpa! :)
  

Off on a tangent - Our little guy is just about walking!  He takes several sturdy steps between Eric and I, and will walk all around the living room with his new push toy, but he's still just not quite brave enough to venture off on his own.  Anyday though now, we believe!

Anyway, since we got home last Saturday evening, I've made three desserts for three separate Christmas parties, made dinner for two friends who've just been blessed with new babies, attended three of five Christmas parties (with the last two on Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week), and dramatically struggled to keep up with the housework.  Laundry after being gone for two weeks (with a baby!) and grocery shopping five times in three days to keep up with all the treats and meals I've been making has left my poor husband fending for himself a good chunk of the time.  He stepped up as the awesome husband that he is, and spent his Saturday afternoon deep cleaning our bedroom/bathroom!  And he even cooked one of those 'dinners for friends' for me while I was at my exercise class. I ask you - how does this season get sooo busy when I don't hardly feel like I'm involved in anything? It's crazy!  

This has nothing to do with anything, but we did yoga that night at my exercise class, and I will never, ever make fun of it as a form of exercise again.  I was sooo sore the day after yogaing for an hour the night before! 

Okay, I'm getting really rambly. And what in the world does this post have to do with Christmas.  Well, let me show you our sad little tree.  Though Eric just took a decent pic of it. :)



 
We have both every year of our entire lives gone out to pick out real live trees... until this year.  We realized that we were only going to be home for two weeks and one weekend between our recent travels and our upcoming holiday visits, and so we made the difficult decision to put up our little three foot fake tree that Eric had from his days bachloring in his tiny yellow house.  Eric has said a time or two "Sorry, Asher, you won't remember it anyway."   We also just wrapped up things we already had for his presents.  Does that make us bad parents?  :)  

We figure we buy him everything we think he needs when he needs it... and it's not like he knows what's supposed to be inside presents anyway. :)   And besides the grandparents do a fine job of buying plenty of new things.  The fun for him these days is just in the being a part of the family and being able to rip open the paper.  I mean we did get him a few little things for his stocking and wrapped a couple new things like warm, snuggly flannel sheets and his new forward facing car seat!  We're looking forward to taking him out for a drive in it for the first time when we celebrate our Christmas this week. 

You might also have noticed all of the brown paper under the tree.  :)   We were good recyclers this year.   I went up to get my wrapping paper earlier this week all gung-ho to sit down and wrap all my gifts only to discover we had none.  :(  But what did I realize we had a bazillion of?  Brown paper grocery bags.  So we went thrifty this year, but I think I made them pretty, don't you think? 


Anyway,  wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.  We'll try and keep up with posts over the holidays, but no promises.  :)   Enjoy time relaxing with family! 

#Meagan


No comments: