Sunday, February 10, 2013

Did you just do that?

This evening I was hanging out with Asher while Meagan was at a meeting.  I was sitting on the couch, with Asher standing to the side drinking some water from his sippy cup.  He dropped his sippy on the couch, leaving a nickel-sized wet spot. It was no big deal to me, but it caught his attention.  He started to vocalize and motion toward the kitchen.  I didn't know exactly what he was motioning to, but I figured I'd assume, so I said "don't worry, it's small, we don't need a towel".  He then stepped away, walking to the backside of our kitchen counter, directly under the paper towels.  He continued to vocalize and point toward the paper towels.  Already baffled, I stepped up and ripped him off a piece of paper towel to see what he'd do with it.  I retook my place on the couch, and watched as he toddled back over to the couch and began to wipe at the wet spot with the paper towel! 

I guess it just goes to show how much this little guy is watching us.  And of course, it only helped to reinforce the thought that every parent has - my kid is a genius!  True or not, I was pretty impressed tonight.  And Meagan didn't believe me when she got home.

No comments: