Monday, November 14, 2011

Almost there!

Just wanted to post a pic of me at nine months.  Well almost!   I'm due Saturday.  I'm ready for baby to be here for many reasons.  Firstly and most importantly, because I want to meet our baby, see what he/she looks like, and hold and snuggle with him/her.  Secondly, because I'm feeling more uncomfortable every day.  I've been having pretty consistant contractions for the last month.  I've had about two or three an hour during the days and then they're often between 4-15 minutes apart for several hours in the evenings... and then they just stop.  I also had to get out of bed 6 times last night to go to the bathroom - usually it's 2-3 times.  (I do realize that I'll be up that much at night with baby too, but at least baby will be here! :)   The contractions are stronger every day, but thankfully they seem to be doing something!   At my appointment last week I was 1 cm dilated and 25% effaced.  They said that was really good for a first time mom.  My next appointment is tomorrow morning, so I'm praying that even more progress has been made, and that all this discomfort helps make labor that much faster whenever it does actually start for real.  Thirdly, this may be selfish and superficial sounding, but I'm starting to feel heavier than just pregnant.  I'm not tired of the belly, but I am tired of the extra weight elsewhere, especially in my face, and I'm anxious to start working on getting back to my pre-prenancy size and the ability to wear my pre-pregnancy clothes.  I'm down to about 4, maybe 5, shirts that still cover my belly and I'm kind of getting tired of wearing the same things over and over again.  :)   All in all, I'm ready to have baby!   Can't wait to introduce our little one to everyone.  It's good to know that labor is inevitable sometime in the next 2-3 weeks, and it's comforting knowing that includes even if baby is way overdue!   5 days and counting!
 
 #Meagan

No comments: