Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lots going on!

This past week has been loaded with fun and craziness and I'm not sure I'll have time to cover it all right now, but Asher's contentedly playing in the hospital's swing so I'll do I what I can. We had an awesome trip to Clarinda this past weekend with family.  Asher had a lot of fun playing at Grandma and Grandpa's (Even though he was sick!  Although, you'd hardly know it!)



My home church threw a baby shower for Asher, and, boy, were we blessed! Around 30 people came! It really meant alot to me!





We also spent Monday touring the capitol with my dad (a state legislator in Des Moines, for those of you who don't know). He's decided this will be his last term before moving on to other opportunities so we wanted to get down this spring while we could. Check out some of Eric's awesome photography!






A future legislator, perhaps? :)





But all of those have been overshadowed, of course, by Asher's hospitalization on Tuesday. After being diagnosed with RSV on Saturday, we began treatments at home, but it just wasn't cutting it. I had some concerns that he was getting dehydrated (from not eating well) and breathing harder than he should have been. I made an appointment for him, and the doctor agreed. She recommended that we admit him right away. He has been hooked up to an IV, blood oxygen sensor, and has been put on oxygen. It's not the worst case by any means, but I'm glad we're here so I don't have to be worrying at home. He's improving already, but we may have another night or two in the hospital still ahead of us. Asher still has a great temperment as always, even though he doesn't always feel the best.

We didn't get our picture of the week done this week, so these will have to do.





It's definitely not been how we expected to spend our week, but Eric's been a huge support and his work has been extremely understanding so he's been here to check in on Asher and I more than I could have hoped. The majority of the nurses have been awesome and our pediatrician is great. In some ways, it's nice to be able to just forget about the piles of dishes and laundry at home, not have to worry about cooking or cleaning, and just play with my baby and read while he's sleeping. And it helps that he's still a happy little boy.  I'll get Eric to post some video tonight or tomorrow. 

We really appreciate all your prayers and the kind messages you've sent our way. We'll keep you posted.

#Meagan

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Praying meagan! Love that he smiles through it all :)