Saturday, September 29, 2012

Happy first anniversary to...

OUR BLOG!!! :)

One year ago today we posted this post, our very first one ever! We were 7 months pregnant with our little boy--- though we didn't know he was a boy at the time! :) I can remember the excitement and anticipation like it was yesterday! And now we've got an adorable 10 month old who's crawling all over the place, getting into places he shouldn't. :) One of his faves is lifting off the vent covers and sticking his arm down the vents - the metal edges underneath are so sharp, it scares me that he'll slice his arm off! We've got to find a way to secure those! That's one thing we didn't think about when child proofing our home!

I checked our blogs stats and was initially shocked to see that our blog has been viewed 9,646 times! What??? Almost 10,000 times in just one year?!! That's amazing! Then I did some quick math and realized that that just meant only about 26 people would have had to have viewed it daily. I figure Eric and I probably contribute to 4-6 views a day, which drops it back to only about 20 people a day, give or take a few. And I figure that some family members probably view our blog several times on any given Tuesday if they're checking for our weekly pic. :) Better than no readers though I guess!!! :)

Nevertheless, we will continue writing since we're doing this for family and close friends anyway - to keep up with Asher's developments and what not. :) I would continue joyfully posting for Asher's great grandma Marge, even if she were the only one who ever read it, because she checks it often and told me that reading our blog is the best part of her day. (Love you grandma!)

We've enjoyed posting and recording our memories as a digital baby book that comes in handy when trying to remember when he first smiled or cut his first tooth in order to record such things in his physical baby book! And I of course just love writing for practice as I've wanted to write a book since I was about 5. Eric bought me a book on writing for my birthday, and I guess this counts as practice or something. :)

So hurrah for our blog and our delightful little baby boy who inpsires us to write. Here are a few pics to make your reading worthwhile. :)  

Reading by himself!!!

Bath time!!!


 

Threw a "Little Man" Baby shower for a dear friend.  Tried a left over mustache on our little guy!  Guess he was sleepier than we thought!

Crawling under the table!

Can he get any cuter?
 

Oh, guess he can. :)


Anyway thanks for joining us on this journey of blogging, writing, parenting, and some occasional randomness this past year! 

#Meagan

No comments: