Friday, January 13, 2012

Sleep is fickle.

So last night Asher went 6 hours between feedings for the very first time!  Hooray!  It was such a blessing.  He ate at 9:00 then only woke me up once to eat at 3:00 and then slept until 7:00.  And that was after he pretty much slept all day yesterday!  I couldn't figure out what was going on with him yesterday!  I just could hardly keep him awake.  It really spoiled me.   I got so much done.  I had time for myself.  And I was worried that he wouldn't sleep well at night, which I didn't end up needing to worry about at all! 

It's a good thing though that he let me rest like he did last night, because today... he won't sleep at all.  It's 2:00 in the afternoon and I think he's maybe slept 45 minutes (three short little cat naps) combined.  He's fussy as all get out and I know he's exhausted but I can't get the poor little guy to wind down. He'll jabber and smile and then cry, and then stop and look all around like my happy little boy and then cry.  Not really excited to see what happens tonight.  Fickle, fickle sleep. 

No comments: