Thursday, May 10, 2012

So many posts... so little time!

I have so many blog posts half finished and not so much time these days to complete and post them.  I've had one in the works for months on Asher's eczema (thrilling I know) which may or may not ever be published, an awesome string of pics from when Eric's family was here a few weeks ago that I'll try to get up later today, an update on the milestones he's hit which I'll just try to summarize here, a pictoral story of his first playdate yesterday [I babysat for one of our friend's twins - that is one of her twins, not both :) - while she was at the dentist] which is fun because it was Asher's first time really "playing" with another baby on the floor together and I'll try to post eventually, an update on cloth diapering and some thoughts on sleep that are both still floating around in my brain.

However I just took this pic, and I couldn't help not sharing.  Both he and the buddy he took to bed with him, fell asleep with their legs crossed.  I promise this was not staged!  Soo cute!  :)


However, our poor baby is sick again with another cold!  He's been sleeping horrendously the past two nights but I thought maybe he was teething... but no, today he's 100% mouth breathing, and being ridiculously clingy.  Poor guy. Took a good hour to get him to fall asleep and take a much needed nap!  (Bethany, I really hope Adelynn doesn't come down with it after playing with him all afternoon yesterday! Sorry!)

Anyway, as for those milestones... Asher rolled over yesterday! Finally!  Well he rolled from back to front. Once.  But, at 5 1/2 months, it's a lot better than nothing.  Though he also sat up by himself yesterday for a good 30 seconds or so before throwing himself back.  He's well on his way to being an independent sitter-upper!  :) Late on one skill, early on another.  As they say, every child does things in their own time.


I'm going to go try to be productive while he's sleeping, but we'll see if we can't get those other posts up tonight or tomorrow as well! 

#Meagan

2 comments:

Paisley said...

Adelyn must have showed him how it's DONE with rolling and sitting. She's a great teacher and roll model. :)

No runny noses yet, so hopefully we're in the clear. Hope your buddy feels better soon! And thanks for watching our girl Dell!!

Meagan said...

Bethany, I do think he might have been inspired to roll because of Adelyn! We need to have them play more often!