Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sooo much poop.

I just had a ridiculously, crazy moment with Asher. 

I was putting him to sleep for a nap and I heard him poop. I thought, "Shoot, gotta ruin this progress toward sleep, and change his diaper (which inevitably wakes him up)."  As I reach to shift him, I realize that I'm putting my hand in poop and as I lift him.  I, then, discover there is poop ALL over the front of my shirt, which conveniently gets spread across my arm as I shift him. At this time, the pacifier- which I attempt to catch as it fell out of Asher's mouth- also smears through the poop.  I'm thinking, "Did I just get his diaper on wrong or what in the world happened?"  But no, after plopping him down on the mat, stripping my poop-laden clothes, scrubbing off my arm, and coming back to find poop on Asher's hands as well (which I pray didn't make its way into his mouth), I discover his diaper is COMPLETELY full of poop, as well. It was just more poop than he's ever pooped in his little life, and more poop than that diaper was designed to hold.  I've gone through like 6 wipes at this point, and am just not making much of a dent, when Asher's decides it would be the PERFECT moment to pee.  ALL over my bare stomach and legs.  It was at this point that I decided to give up on the wipes. This was a task for the bath tub.  For both of us. 

Anyway, I finally got us both cleaned up, lotioned up, and redressed.  Got Asher's pacifier thoroughly sterilized. Got him snuggled back up and off to sleep. 

He's now sleeping peacefully. Lucky boy.  Guess what I get to do?

The diaper and wipes are still out on the mat (which, of course, happened to be a cloth diaper), my poop filled clothes are still poop filled on the living room floor, his poop filled clothes are strewn across the bathroom... And not one bone in my body wants to get up and deal with the mess. Any takers? 

Welcome to parenthood.  Thankfully I'm laughing, and not crying. :)


#Meagan

2 comments:

Paisley said...

no photos? HA!!!

Eric said...

The word "poop" was used 14 times in this post. That IS a lot of poop! :)