Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

It's time for another update.  I realized I never posted Asher's stats from our Friday visit to the doctor. For the interested parties, he weighed 17 lbs 12 oz coming in at the 55th percentile (a DRASTIC difference from the 93rd percentile he was shortly after birth, but the doc said everything looked good!)  Even though he's not technically "on the go" yet, he wiggles and squirms with the best of them, and is toning up that round belly of his seen in previous weekly pics.  :)  Height was 27.5 inches, holding steady at the 84th percentile.

He's loving sitting up, but isn't 100% stable yet.  We refer to this as the zone of safety. :)


As for my birthday...

I had an awesome birthday weekend!  Saturday we went to Des Moines and put to use some gift cards from Christmas (always nice to shop with gifted money :) ).  We also had dinner at Red Robin, where we ate too much and learned that it's no longer quite as easy to take Asher out to eat as it used to be (when he'd contentedly sleep through the whole meal in his car seat). 

Sunday evening we went to a grill-out one of our friends had organized and Eric made homemade ice cream for everyone for my birthday.  It was absolutely de-lish! 

Monday was my actual birthday and I really just wanted a day together with my little family, so the best gift of all was that Eric had the day off.  He made the day special.  Made me breakfast in bed. Waffles with strawberries and cool whip - one of my faves!


Showered me with gifts.  A rotary blade for sewing, a really cool granite mortar and pestle for cooking, a book about writing cause he knows it's a dream of mine to publish something someday, a new razor which I really needed, and then he switched our closets because his had more space and lower shelves and he knew I'd been wanting to for a while. And each gift came with a really nice paragraph about me too.  Such a good hubby! 

We then had a picnic lunch at the park, and put Asher in the swing for a while. Hung out for the afternoon.  Did some fonduing for supper and then just relaxed, watched some t.v., and had some cake before bed, which Eric made and decorated for me.  It was an awesome day, an awesome long birthday weekend.





My fave - Confetti Angel Food... Yum!



 
#Meagan
    

No comments: